It's easy to decide to use Office 365 for email, but not so easy to actually move from on-premises Exchange. The transition takes more than just signing up for an account and doing business as usual. Even in the simplest cases, the need to plan and execute the transition may be competing with other day-to-day issues, delaying the Office 365 Exchange migration.
We Will Help You With Exchange Migration
If you have decided to migrate to Office 365 for Exchange, just make it happen. Digital Design will help you go through all the steps required for an effective and optimal Office 365 migration smoothly. As an additional benefit, we can help you to leverage your Office 365 subscription plan and minimize your TCO.
We will help you to:
- Assess the current IT infrastructure, select appropriate migration approach and migration tools;
- Properly plan and organize the migration process;
- Prepare your Exchange mailboxes, add-ons and infrastructure to the transition into the cloud;
- Configure Office 365, Exchange, Active Directory, Azure AD, and mailboxes;
- Migrate mailbox content, contacts, calendars, tasks and other sorts of folders and items, replace shortcuts (rehydration);
- Synchronize your cloud and on-premises Exchange environments;
- Integrate with your corporate on-premises resources like Active Directory and email archives;
- Maintain your business productivity with almost any cloud and on-premises coexistence scenarios;
- Manage and support the entire environment after migration is complete.
Our Proven Approach
For an effective and optimal Office 365 migration, you must follow certain steps before, during, and after the migration. Our professional services team can foresee all the confusions that might come up during migration process and know how to prevent and deal with them.
Here is our proven step-by-step approach to Exchange to Office 365 email migration.
Perform pre-migration assessment of Exchange environments
- Put together a migration team that consists of IT and Line of Business representatives;
- Elaborate email content strategy and determine migration requirements;
- Do an inventory of users and mailboxes;
- Select appropriate tools or write migration utilities/scripts;
- Identify email content that doesn’t need to be moved to make migration faster and less expensive and reduce Office 365 licensing costs;
- Archive on-premises and retired email mailboxes to streamline migration and reduce licensing costs;
- Consolidate or restructure your Active Directory environment to properly prepare for Office 365;
- Backup data to enable rollback in case of any emergency.
Carry on migration to Exchange Online
- Migrate mailbox content, contacts, calendars, tasks and other folders into the cloud;
- Schedule and automate migration tasks to simplify transition and reduce work time;
- Migrate external mail services (POP3 / IMAP4 / SMTP).
Ensure interoperability among your distributed on-premises, cloud and hybrid environments
- Grant access to Office 365 and pay for licenses only for users who actually require that access;
- Integrate hybrid Exchange environment with other Office 365 services, Active Directory, eDiscovery, OneDrive, etc.;
- Synchronize all environments to maintain end user productivity during the transition period.
Stay in control of your business email and collaboration environment
- Gain insight into your collaboration environment with reports on your Exchange users, their activity, activated services, password expiration dates, consumed licenses and inactive accounts;
- Automate user and group management and provisioning across your hybrid environment;
- Simplify backup and recovery of data;
- Centralize monitoring and reporting on performance, storage usage and licenses.
With our experienced Office 365 migration team you will:
- Streamline migration and reduce licensing fees;
- Automate the most difficult steps and shorten the entire migration process;
- Mitigate migration risks and downtime risks;
- Minimize impact on end-user productivity;
- Ensure coexistence among legacy platforms, other SaaS applications and Office 365;
- Extend existing security tools, policies, technologies, and practices to Office 365;
- Enhance functionality of your business email and collaboration services using latest Office 365 features such as archiving, OneDrive file sharing, eDiscovery, etc.